Youth Connected Program
Become a Resource Parent (Foster Parent)
Foster parents are simply people who commit to building a relationship and helping guide a student through their youth, or further into life. As a foster parent, you will:
- Be there emotionally for your foster youth just like you would for a youth living full-time in your home, but:
- Have access to a unique dormitory living option for your foster youth to live on campus 5 days a week in a “family style” setting and return to your home on the weekends, and over holidays and school breaks
- Commit to parenting your youth until their High School graduation
- Have the option to send your youth to special summer daytime courses and activities on campus when school is out of session
- Have access to specialized parenting training classes
- Have a community of other parents with whom to navigate foster care life, including peers and mentors
- Have 24/7 access to a team of social workers and other professionals for support for any questions that may arise in your parenting journey
Orangewood Foundation’s Youth Connected Program (YCP) works in partnership with Samueli Academy to provide an on-campus dorm, along with academic assistance, to the youth we serve. YCP is a licensed, private Resource Family Agency, also known as a Foster Family Agency. This program is designed to support youth who attend Samueli Academy (7th-12th grades) and their siblings.
Informational sessions are available virtually Wednesday nights at 6 p.m. and Saturday mornings at 10 a.m. To sign up for an informational session about becoming a YCP parent, fill out the inquiry form on the side. We will get back to you with more information. For further questions, contact Jami DeChaney Sheridan, Director of Youth Connected Program, at (714) 942-7475 or email@example.com.
Help Us Spread the Word
If you would like to help us get the word out about our Foster Family Recruitment Initiative through an email, social media post, or text, check out our toolkit of messaging and imagery at https://orangewoodfoundation.org/ycp-toolkit/.
This program, wholly or in part, is funded through County, State, and Federal Government funds.