AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY!
Youth Connected Program, Director
For over 35 years, Orangewood Foundation’s resources, guidance and encouragement have helped foster and community youth in Orange County, California thrive and prosper. Orangewood recognizes that our relationship with our youth is one of collaboration and partnership. We work one-on-one with our youth to help them identify their own strengths, attributes, and aptitudes to empower them to overcome their challenges and reach their greatest potential.
In addition to our current services, we are expanding our outreach and introducing an innovative Youth Connected Program and we are looking for a pioneering and engaging Director to oversee this residential, foster care and mental health program.
This is a unique opportunity to build a program from “scratch” and be at the forefront of this new and ground-breaking model for foster youth, enabling them to meet their academic goals, within a permanent caring environment in a homelike setting onsite at a top rated charter school, Samueli Academy. The Director will design programs in collaboration with residential and school staff and foster parents, creating an important support system to ensure academic success.
The incumbent will be responsible for building and leading the Youth Connected Program by…
- Directing administrative and programmatic operations; overseeing the development, design and implementation of program including residential, foster family agency and mental health
- Developing, improving and administering program operating policies and procedures ensuring compliance with contract requirements and licensing regulations
- Identifying and developing effective working relationships with support services throughout the community
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with community agencies, government officials, and other organizations to coordinate services and share information
- Engaging audiences, professionally representing Orangewood Foundation in public, and promoting Foundation programs by arranging visits for business leaders, policy makers, professionals, and others
- Implementing program procedures to maintain services that are current, relevant and consistent with children and family’s needs
- Creating a positive culture of continuous program development, enhancement and growth.
Successful candidates will have…
- 3 – 5 years non-profit experience including management, administration and social services; experience working with state and location agencies preferred
- Master’s degree in social work, marriage and family therapy or related field; licensed LMFT or LCSW preferred
- Current Group Home Administrator Certificate is required upon hire or within 90 days of hire
- Knowledge of residential programs, foster family agency, state and local agencies and regulatory requirements that apply
- Experience in the implementation of new programs and utilizing performance
- In depth understanding of adolescent, child abuse and foster care issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and comfortable speaking in public
- Be able to provide 24/7 on-call support and crisis intervention
- Ability to successfully lead a team of employees
- A valid California driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
- Pass background, drug, TB and health screenings
To view the full job description click here.
To submit your application for this exciting opportunity please click here.