An Opportunity for YOU!
Director of Development
For over 35 years, Orangewood Foundation’s resources, guidance and encouragement have helped foster and community youth in Orange County, California thrive and prosper. Orangewood recognizes that our work would not be possible without the individual donors and corporate supporters who fuel our organization. We meet one-on-one with our donors and corporate partners to identify their philanthropic passions with the end goal being to empower our youth to reach their greatest potential.
We are looking for a highly motivated and goal-oriented Director to oversee our individual and corporate giving team and to support our donors in achieving their philanthropic goals through building lasting relationships.
This is an opportunity to work with some of Orange County’s most generous and compassionate individuals as well as companies who value engaging their employees in community service and giving back.
The incumbent will be responsible for building and leading the Individual and corporate relations strategies by…
- Develop and manage implementation of strategic fund development plan for individuals and corporate partners.
- Manage existing personal portfolio of 75 major donors and prospects.
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the Board, committee and other staff with their solicitation efforts (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications).
- Oversee strategy for identifying, cultivating, recruiting, and organizing community leaders and volunteers to support fundraising efforts through committee and Board participation.
- Work with CDO and CEO to engage Board of Directors in fundraising.
- Work with the CDO, Marketing Director and development team to align efforts and set goals for the department.
- Collaborate with CDO and Marketing Director to develop and implement specific campaigns for planned giving and endowment building.
- Work with Development Operations Manager to identify reporting and research needs to support the stewardship of individual and corporate donors.
- Provide strategic insight on messaging for Orangewood collateral, including annual fundraising appeals, website and events.
- Stay abreast of local giving trends, charitable social events and business trends to inform fundraising strategies.
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and wealth screening tools.
- Participate in strategic planning and oversight for the organization through participation on the leadership team and collaboration with program staff to identify specific areas of need.
Successful candidates will have…
- 5-10 years of experience in fundraising/development, or relevant experience that includes high touch customer engagement and/or premiere hospitality sales.
- Experience leading others
- Ability to work well under deadlines and in demanding situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both in a team environment and in self-directed situations.
- Competency in use of Microsoft Office applications. Raisers Edge experience preferred.
- Ability to respect the confidentiality of donor and client files.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
To view the full job description click here.
To submit your application for this opportunity please click here.